Already a TSKI Student?
Great! Here are documents that are important to your training:
> What is Karate?
> Karate Terminology
> Our Goal for Defense
> Dojo Rules
> TSKI Master
> Shotokan Technical Requirements
> Ranking Test Performance
> Written Test (Q&As)
> The Blackbelt Oath
|Traditional Shotokan Karate-Do Institute|
|Better Leadership, Better Karate|
|The mission of the TSKI is to change the lives of children, by providing a positive growth environment with stimulating activity--karate. Working together with parents, our martial arts school believes that "It does take a village to raise a child." It is a collaborative effort to develop a nation of inspiring and positive young people, who will bring forth a brighter vision for the future of our world.|
|- TSKI teaches the importance of truth, honesty, loyalty, and respect with integrity.
- TSKI helps students develop courage and self discipline, which improves one's self esteem.
- TSKI challenges our students to perservere, and put positive effort in all that they want to do to be successful.
- TSKI provides a safe and positive environment, which nurtures learning and development of our students overall health and fitness.
During each class, Hanshi Lonnie K. Jones demonstrates that a good workout program consists of a combination of calisthenics, katas, karate technique drills, sparring, and relaxation techniques. Each student is challenged to push him/herself beyond their preexisting limits. It is his belief that students should be continuously be challenged to move forward as a whole.
Hanshi Jones expects his staff of teachers to maintain a good sense of humor and to practice patience. His teachers are also tasked to look for every opportunity to offer praise and positive reinforcement to students. TSKI surpasses other karate schools, because it is grounded in the traditional art of karate, where hard work and sweat equity reigns supreme. TSKI's objectives are to:
- Encourage students to resolve conflict productively.
- Avoid participating in gang activity.
- Choose drug-free lifestyles.
- Remain in school through graduation.
|Join the TSKI KARATE Program!|
|The Traditional Shotokan Karate-Do Institute (TSKI) is an honorable martial arts school and non-profit (501)(C3) organization. TSKI is a member of the American Federation of Martial Arts.|
|TSKI is a subsidiary of Sidewalk University.
ECR-One | TSKI
(Sidewalk University Campus)
1737-39 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040 | Directions
(c) Copyright 2009-2012, Lonnie K. Jones
TSKI is proud to present our remedy for good health and well-being--SHOTOKAN KARATE.
Children have a choice of 3 class days:
- Mondays -- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays -- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Fridays -- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Adults/teens have a choice of 2 class days:
- Mondays -- 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays -- 7:30 to 9:00 p.m..
Our SHOTOKAN KARATE program is available for new students who are committed to their quest for health and wellness.
REGISTER NOW! Registration will be on karate class days.